[FX.php List] Anyone know how to escape characters?

Greg Lane glane at moyergroup.com
Tue May 17 16:11:26 MDT 2005

Dave,

Is the data being input from a web form? If so, make sure you are
using POST for the form method and also use $request->FMPostQuery
(true) in your PHP script.

I don't have access to 5.0 right now but with FMSA7, I've
successfully put a megabyte of text into a field in FileMaker through
FX.php. There may also be browser restrictions coming into play. For
instance, Safari seems to limit text in input fields to 1,024
characters but a textarea can hold a lot more.

In my experience with FMSA7, URLs (and forms with METHOD=GET) are
limited to somewhere around 512 characters for the total length of
the URL.

Greg