[FX.php List] List Member May Have Virus

Chris Hansen chris at iViking.org
Thu May 12 13:14:38 MDT 2005

Greetings!

Please don't be alarmed, I just want to get a warning out.  The list
server has intercepted a number of fishy emails, which look like the
sort generated by viruses.  These emails did not make it to the list,
however I would encourage folks to make sure that their virus software
is up-to-date.  According to a reverse DNS lookup of the sending IP,
the sender was a Comcast broadband user in Utah (but this may be
spoofed...)  My main hope is that if a list member does have a virus,
that they'll be able to get it cleaned up before it spreads to family,
friends, or business associates.

All the best,

--Chris Hansen
   creator of FX.php
   "The best way from FileMaker to the Web."
   www.iViking.org