[FX.php List] Slightly confused and need a push, please

Johan Visser bpa.services at zonnet.nl
Fri Jun 10 01:27:04 MDT 2005

Derek,

In the implementations I did, I have a dedicated machine (the Reporter) with
FM Client next to the FMServer to get and process the files and perform all
kind of other tasks, like reporting.

On the unix box the files are put in some kind of mailbox (FTP folder).
Triggered by Troi Activator (every hour or faster) the FM machine compares
the unix mailbox with its own processing folder in the first cycle and
retrieves the files that are new (with CNS-FTPit).
Then in the next cycle it will process the new files, create the records in
FM and move the files to the processed folder (with Troi-File).

A Cron job in the unix box deletes the files older than, say, 1 week. This
is to keep the mailbox small to minimize the comparison time.
You can also give the FTP user deletion rights on the unix box and delete
the processed files, e.g. in the 3rd cycle.

If you need more info, you can also mail me off-list.

Johan Visser, BPA Services
bpa.services at zonnet.nl