[FX.php List] calling DB on other server

L.M.Loeffel Lynn at turnkeydesign.net
Thu Jun 9 23:08:54 MDT 2005

Please excuse my newbie-ness,

I am testing out how to have my html files on one hosting server, while
calling my database on another hosting server.  In my first and only
fx.php site, I had everything on one server.

I'm duplicating my first fx.php sites files exactly to avoid unknowns
at this point. I am repurposing a page that starts like this:

<?
include_once('FX/FX.php');
include_once('FX/FMErrors.php');
include_once('FX/server_data.php');

  $returnCount = 20; // new

  $query = new FX($serverIP,$webCompanionPort,'FMPro7');

Is the segment that says $serverIP supposed to tell the server address?
Where do I indicate the location of the db server?

Also - is there a book out about FX.PHP with Filemaker? I would feel
less stupid looking up things in private, rather than showing everyone
what I don't know :)

Thanks,
-Lynn