[FX.php List] Passing Data 101

Jonathan Schwartz jonathan at eschwartz.com
Thu Jun 9 20:12:17 MDT 2005

At 9:46 PM -0400 6/9/05, Stephen Knight 1-800-353-7950 wrote:
>Hi Jonathan,
>

>This would depend on how you are storing data in $query.  Try echoing $query
>to the page to see what if anything you are actually storing there.  If you
>are performing a sort on different pages then yes you will need to recreate
>the initial query.

As a matter of fact, the origin of the pages are from your PHP 8 Hours videos.

I did echo the $query field, and nothing is printed.   Not surprised,
because I'm not really sure how to capture the original query and
pass it to the next search result page containing the alternate sort
order.

I do have the following lines on the initial search result page,
which attempts to accomplish what I am trying to do.  I'm still at
the stage of cutting and pasting code from other examples to figure
out how this all works:

<snip>
$query = $_POST['query'];
<snip>
$search->AddDBParam('query',$query);
<snip>

Jonathan

--

Jonathan Schwartz
Schwartz & Company

There's *always* a logical answer....most of the time.