[FX.php List] Another Request for FX.php (version 4.0) feedback

DC dan.cynosure at dbmscan.com
Mon Jun 6 08:34:23 MDT 2005

Hello,

Can someone please explain to me the benefits of using CONSTANTS as
parameters? I can only see the pitfalls.

It seems to me that it just puts a whole layer onto what was a set of
simple functions. It also obscures the parameter type. It's also a bunch
of new stuff to unlearn.learn without any payoff.

Isn't it a better overall architecture to have a few apropriately named
functions than to have a layer of CONSTANTS that need to be passed as
parameters?

By "simplifying" you've actually added one more function! Meaning, I
still have to remember the CONSTANTS and now I have to remember the
generic function name and the proper set of constants and whether they
need to be passed, etc... etc...

Please help me see the light. Why is this method of defining an API
being pursued with FX.php?