[FX.php List] Re: Trouble working with CRs in text fields

Someone someone at gagayaya.com
Sat Jul 9 10:21:31 MDT 2005

Hi Dave,
I had a similar problem moving data from one table to around. My
fields had French or Spanish characters (eg. é ñ)

Solution: if your storing the field in a variable
$test = $ReturnedData['data'][$currentKey]['test'][0];
then use the php function html_entity_decode
$test = html_entity_decode( $test,ENT_QUOTES,"UTF-8");

now you can add the data into the next table
$MemberQuery->AddDBParam('test2', $test);

if you want to display $test later in the page
use htmlentities( $test,ENT_QUOTES,"UTF-8");

use define("DEBUG", true); to look at the url strings
and you see differences in the string when find data in the 1st table
then
when you move data to the 2nd table

the first url has unicode of the data
the second url has unicode for the html entities that represent the data

hope this helps and makes sense

Frank