[FX.php List] get portal info or another 2 queries - no related data

Chris Hansen chris at iViking.org
Fri Jan 14 09:14:26 MST 2005

Michael,

I'd say that it depends on what you're doing.  If you don't need all of
the related data, do two queries.  On the other hand, if you're getting
a detail on a record, and you've placed some information in a portal
(so you'll be using all of the data), then it would be better to just
access a layout with that portal on it.  HTH

--Chris Hansen
   creator of FX.php
   "The best way from FileMaker to the Web."
   www.iViking.org