[FX.php List] Boolean find within a field

Dennis Crall dennis-crall at uiowa.edu
Wed Jan 12 15:57:46 MST 2005

Hello all,

When forming a search query with FX, can you form boolean expressions for a
particular field? I have two situations in mind.

One, say there is a field called 'tags' that contains multiple indexing
terms like: basketball, football, golf, baseball, ... Can I form a search
like:

    Find all records where 'tags' contains basketball and football

The second case is a situation where I know what the key values are and just
want to grab the corresponding records all in one query. Such as:

Rec#    Field1
--------------------
rec1    "one"
rec2    "two"
rec3    "three"

Can I do a find like:

    Find all records where 'Field1' contains "one" or "two"

And if these finds are not possible, does anyone have experience making ODBC
calls to FileMaker in PHP?

Thanks in advance,

Denny Crall
ITS-Academic Technologies