[FX.php List] Results of FMNew()

Steve Hannah shannah at sfu.ca
Mon Dec 12 10:27:35 MST 2005

On 12-Dec-05, at 8:08 AM, Bob Patin wrote:

> Hi Andy,
>
> Thanks so much for your great answer; that was exactly what I was
> wondering.
>
> So is there a general rule about which to use in different
> situations? I just started working with PHP about a month ago, and
> have used nothing but POST in the solutions I've done. Why did you
> use REQUEST in your example? I assume you had a good reason... :)

The general rule of thumb is to use $_POST if the page is going to
modify data, and $_GET if nothing will be modified.   Since $_REQUEST
contains both $_GET and $_POST, it can be used in place of $_GET when
you don't care about how the parameters are passed - but $_POST
should still be used if data is going to be modified.

Hope this helps.

-Steve