[FX.php List] Upgrade Issues

Craig Jardine craig.jardine at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 07:34:48 MDT 2005

Hi Everyone,

I have recently upgraded from FM 5.5 with an old version of FX.php, to FMSA7
and FX.php v4 on a large intranet application.

There are 2 main issue that have arrisen that worked before the upgrade and
are a real problem for me & users of the site:

Firstly I cannot seem to perform eq and neq searches on different fields in
one query. I have posted on the forum here:
http://fxdialog.comitas.no/viewtopic.php?t=170 but the forum seems to be
very quiet at the moment.

Has anyone else had a similar problem / is there is suitable work-around I
can try.

The second problem seems to be an issue with the UTF8 encoding. When I add a
string to a field the line break / newline characters seem to be not
recognised by Filemaker and are displayed as little boxes in the filemaker
client. Also if the string includes a £ pound symbol the query returns an
error.

Any hints / tips / suggestions / things to try would be great.

Thanks,

Craig
Craig Jardine

Partner | Infinite Eye