[FX.php List] sessions with FX.php

DC dan.cynosure at dbmscan.com
Wed Apr 20 11:54:43 MDT 2005

This is more of a PHP question... you may find better advice on that
mailing list.

also here is the link for the manual page:
http://us3.php.net/manual/en/ref.session.php

look at this function at php.net
session_start();
defaults to session off on browser quit.

to set a session timeout to be 1 hour:
ini_set("session.cookie_lifetime", 60*60);

set session var from POST var:
$_SESSION['variable_name']=$_POST['login'];

use session variables in an FX.php find like this:
$query->addDBParam('fieldname', $_SESSION['variable_name'])

be careful to have a timeout since students often share computers and
won't log out of your system even if you tell them to do so after they
are done.

HTH,
DC

Jane Chinn had written: