[FX.php List] My FX.php code does NOT work the same with FMSA7!!

Jim Bowser jim at grouptour.com
Fri Sep 17 14:06:07 MDT 2004

Hi, experts!

Unless I'm missing some line of configuration in FX.php to work with FMSA 7
that wasn't needed in FM 5.5-6 FX.php does NOT work the same with FMSA 7.
Code that worked just peachy keen before is resulting in a no records
found/no results.

Example, this code:

$bannerid = $_GET['bannerid'];
$search_result = new FX($serverIP,$webCompanionPort);
$search_result->SetDBData("Web_Banners.fp5","web");
$search_result->AddDBParam("BannerID",$bannerid);
$bannerinfo = $search_result->FMFind();
foreach ($bannerinfo['data'] as $recordKey =>$returnedData)
{$Hits = $returnedData['Hits'][0];}

returned my hit count just fine from a FM 5.5 db.  In FMSA 7, however, I
don't get any results until I change the format of the "BannerID" field from
number to text.  Then it works fine.
I followed your advice and recreated the DB from scratch in 7, but that
didn't seem to help.  A similar experience on another page:

$search_result = new FX($serverIP,$webCompanionPort);
$search_result->SetDBData("Web_Banners.fp5","web", $banner_qty);
$search_result->AddDBParam("Column",'Yes');
$search_result->AddDBParam("Page",$banner_page);
$search_result->AddDBParam("Expire_Date",date('m/d/Y'),'gte');
$search_result->AddSortParam("Expire_Date","ascend");
$bannerlist = $search_result->FMFind();

This code worked great in FM 5.5 but FMSA7 didn't like me using the
date-formatted "Expire_Date" field as a parameter so I was forced to add a
calculation field that gave me a "Current" or "Expired" and use that text
field as the parameter instead.

If I have to completely rewrite my code, I will, but can someone tell me if
what I'm trying to do works for them and maybe I'm missing some line of
code in a configuration file or something?

Thanks for any pearls of wisdom you can cast before swine!

Jim Bowser
Network Manager
Shoreline Creations Ltd.
Publisher of: