[FX.php List] fx/php newbie

Jason H.Awbrey jason at stravinsoft.com
Thu Oct 21 15:36:58 MDT 2004

Hi Nick,

Here is a a simple example of the basics you would need to return a
found set from FileMaker with FX.php:

//query to retrieve records
$query = new FX($serverIP, $webCompanionPort);
$query->SetDBData("DatabaseName", "LayoutName");
$query->SetDBPassword('password', 'username');
$query->AddDBParam('fieldname', 'value your are searching for');
$query->AddDBParam('related::fieldname', 'test');
$query->AddSortParam('sortField', 'ascend');
$result = $query->FMFind();
$currentKey = key($result['data']);

Then, when you want to loop through the record set:

if ($result['foundCount'] > 0) {
	foreach ($result['data'] as $key => $value) {
		echo $value['fieldName'] . "<br />";
    	}
}

This is pretty basic but it should get you started.

HTH,
Jason H. Awbrey
StravinSOFT, Incorporated
http://www.stravinsoft.com