[FX.php List] End a session

Chris Hansen chris at iViking.org
Wed Dec 8 16:00:45 MST 2004

Fred,

I'd suggest simply using PHP sessions: they're more flexible, more
powerful, and you're only limited by the number of simultaneous
sessions that PHP can handle (which would be higher than FM...)  That
said, I'm not sure how you'd use FM sessions directly via PHP.  As far
as I know, FM treats each connection via XML as a complete transaction.
  If you want to use FM authentication, just store a user's ID and
Password in their PHP session, so it's not always traveling back and
forth over the web.  If someone else has other insights, please post
them.  HTH

--Chris Hansen
   creator of FX.php
   "The best way from FileMaker to the Web."
   www.iViking.org